A joint Queensland and Australian Government support package for Queensland businesses has been announced. The package includes support for non-employing sole traders and expands on support for eligible small and medium businesses, and large tourism and hospitality businesses.
Successful applicants will receive the total value of the boosted grants ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 depending on the size of your annual payroll.
Applications for non-employing sole traders are not currently open. This application process is currently being finalised and details of how to apply will be released in the coming days. Register your interest here.
- $10,000 grant to employing small businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $1.3 million
- $15,000 grant to employing medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland between $1.3 million and $10 million
- $30,000 grant to employing large sized tourism and hospitality focused businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of greater than $10 million.
The Eligibility requirements for business’ (not currently Sole Traders) include having people on payroll not just the owners (click here to see full Grant details).
The key is does your business meet these criteria:
- have people on payroll not just yourself (the owner)
- demonstrate or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more during a nominated 7-day period
- this must include at least 1 full day of a lockdown event when comparing against turnover achieved during the same 7-day period in July or August 2019
- if the 2019 period does not indicate a typical weekly turnover (e.g. for a recently started small business or business that has experienced structural changes), include another comparable period (e.g. the same period in July/August 2020).
You have up to 16 November 2021 to apply (via an online application). You can only apply for the Grant once.
Applications for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants opened at 12pm (midday), 16 August 2021. All eligible businesses who apply for a grant during the 3-month application period will receive funding.